Monday, November 8, 2010

Face of Australia's Limited edition Opulent Eyes prize from Facebook

Continuing on my posts about random palettes and brands I have in my makeup drawers, its time to move onto the Face of Australia opulent eyes palettes I won on Facebook a few weeks ago. The competition called for their Facebook followers to describe our vision of pure decadence.  They were giving away 2 complete sets of the opulent eyes limited edition palettes to 2 lucky winners.

My comp answer was " picture this.... a cruise liner in the Caribbean, perfect sunny weather, warm balmy nights, unlimited spending money, staying up late, drinking and dancing with friends till dawn, lazing by the pool, unlimited food, 24 hr entertainment, no children, no cooking, no cleaning...that's my pure decadence!"

Around 4 days after announcing the winners I received a lovely package from Face of Australia with the the 4 palettes. Straight away I was impressed at how lovely they looked for products that are priced within everyones  ($14.95 RRP) reach and available at Priceline and Big W stores nationally.


They are baked shadows with 6 colours in each palette in the form of raised bars, instead of the traditional flat round palette style, with nifty little touches such as the applicators are coloured in similar tones to those of the colours in the palette.  The colours themselves are gorgeous, but I did find that after 7 or so hours of wear I  started getting creasing, which didn't happen when I applied them over an eye primer such as Fyrinnae's pixie epoxy.  I also find them a bit messy to use when using brushes as the colours above or below also make it onto the brush making the colours not as true as they could be, but they do apply really well using a long handled sponge tip applicator, with which I could control the colour I was applying much more easily.

Endless night palette and swatches


Diamonds and pearls palette and swatches
Rich and famous palette and swatches
 Sapphire desire palette and swatches
They are great little cheap and cheerful palettes that are easy to throw into a handbag or a travel case for touch ups or travel without any fear of breaking like you do when travelling about with more exxy products.

1 comment:

coloreddove said...

These look just like the Milani brand Runway Eyeshdow Palettes from the US. Weird XD
Love your blog by the way:)