Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Simple curly side ponytail tutorial

I posted a FOTD ( face of the day) on the beautyheaven forums a few days ago and a couple of the members asked me to do a photo tutorial of the curly side ponytail I was wearing in it.  I thought I might as well post it here too, so here it is… WARNING LOTS OF PHOTOS!!!

( now I couldn’t find the clamp I use to hold my practice head steady so the look’s not quite as smooth as it should be )

Firstly the tools you need are your straightener or hot rollers, comb, some clips to hold the hair up, a clear stretchy hair band, and maybe some bobby pins.



Start by curling with your irons, or if you are using hot rollers only wind them halfway up each layer, and allow to cool, then let the rollers out. ( if you’ve used hot rollers it will look much curlier than it would curled with straighteners) don’t fuss with it too much, spray some gloss or gently scrunch some gloss into the ends without disturbing the curls, then you should have something like this.


Take some clips and make a section from the top of your ear, going to the top of your other ear around the back of your head.



Then take your clear band and loosely take the top section and secure it in a half ponytail just off centre on the side where you want your half pony to be. if you like you can then wrap some hair around the band to hide it.


Now you can either leave it as is and just sweep the hair that’s left down over your shoulder giving the impression of a side pony.
OR
you can take 3 or 4 large sections from the opposite side to where you want
 your pony to be and sweep them upwards, and bobby pin them into the band of the secured half ponytail.


What you should have then is something like this.





That's your basic easy curly half ponytail : )

Is there any other hair styles that anyone would like photo tutorials for?

3 comments:

gingerSnaps said...

Nice, thank you for posting this. I learn a lot. Have a nice day! Kisses

DesignedBy said...

I love this post! Nice Blog!
www.designedby.name

RitualEyes said...

Thank you ladies, If you have any other hair requests, please ask and I'll try to do it.